Saturday, May 25, 2013

My Wash Routine

I usually wash my hair with shampoo once per month. (Co-washing weekly). Here are the steps I follow:

1. Section hair into four sections for easy handling. 



2. Take down one section of hair. Spritz lightly with water. Detangle from ends to root being sure to remove any shed hairs. Repeat on each section. I have been finger detangling to prevent any unnecessary breakage, but I am not against using combs.

3. At this point I combine sections so that I have two for washing. Either one in the front and one in the back or one on the left side and one on the right. Wash each section separately. I apply shampoo to my scalp and massage. As I rinse my scalp the shampoo will run down the shaft of my hair and cleanse it.

4. I dry the excess water from my hair using a tee-shirt. With my hair still two separate sections I apply my deep conditioner. Cover with a plastic  cap for about 45 minutes.


5. Rinse the deep conditioner. 

I usually style my hair while it is wet so I don't towel or air dry. How do you wash your hair? 

No comments:

Post a Comment